Japanese writings say that gods tie red strings around the pinkies of those who will influence each other’s lives. This is commonly directed only toward passionate lovers and soul mates that are destined to be together for eternity, but I like the imagery so I’m going to use it anyways.
I can’t write an all-inclusive acknowledgements section, because every person I have ever come into contact with has influenced my work. Every person I have bumped into or shared an elevator with or glimpsed walking down a street has tied another little red thread around my finger. We build on our own experiences, and so every person whose existence has registered in my mind deserves an acknowledgment.
Of course, some threads are thicker than others.
Thank you to:
- My mother and father for not throwing me out with the bath water.
- My brother for giving me loads of inspiration for “annoying” and “cool” characters.
- My friends for all the drama that I can now thinly disguise as plotlines.
- My teachers for teaching me both how to rely on others and how to rely on myself.
You are all ropes pulling me forward.
A huge thank you to all of the wonderful local organizations who have helped me continue my education through their generous scholarships.
- Leavenworth Lions Club
- Leavenworth Rotary
- Leavenworth Art in the Park
- Trout Unlimited
- Cascade School District CEA
- Rieke Family